Monday, September 30, 2013

Pumpkin Snack Cake

Happy Fall Everyone!!!   What does fall mean?  For me, it means one of my favorite ingredients!!  PUMPKIN!!!!   Can you tell I'm a little excited??  LOL  I also found out that I will be hosting Thanksgiving for my dear friend Jamie (she has guest blogged on here before) and her beautiful family!  Super Excited!!  Maybe we can cook up something amazing to blog about TOGETHER!!  But anyways!  Back to the topic at hand!  I have been on the look out for things I can make for their visit (squeal!!  yes, still super excited!!).  I came across these from Pumpkin Snack Cakes from The Novice Chef.  What's not to love with pumpkin, cake, and only 90 calories a piece????  OH YEAH!!!  They came out amazing (except not quite as pretty as hers since I don't have the special pan to make them individualized) but that's ok, because the taste makes up for everything!!  Here ya go!!!




Ingredients:

1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
pinch of cloves
pinch of cinnamon
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
1 egg
3 tablespoons amber agave
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons canola (or vegetable) oil

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325ºF.  Spray an 8x8 baking dish with baking or cooking spray.


Mix the first 7 ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.


Mix the pumpkin, egg, agave, brown sugar, and vanilla in a larger bowl until smooth.


Pour half of dry mixture into pumpkin mixture and mix well.


 Add Milk and mix well.


Add remaining dry mixture and mix well.


Add oil and mix well.


Pour into pan and spread evenly.


Bake for 20-24 minutes (mine took the full 24 minutes to be done).


Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.



So incredibly moist and delicious!!!  Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, they look very moist and yummy! Maybe I will try these and see if a cream cheese icing would work on top too. Kind of like my moms pumpkin bars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pumpkin deserts, I bet this would be fantastic with some cream cheese icing to dip it in!

    ReplyDelete