Monday, June 17, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups

I know I haven't been around much lately.  I have been uber busy planning yet another Houseparty!!  This one was Nerf Super Soakers & Cheetos!! Anyways, it was fun, and thankfully over so now I can post some of the yummy things I made!!! This one, I found on Pillsbury.com.  They are REALLY yummy and very versatile!!  And they were a HUGE hit!!!  Gone!!!  I only got one!!  LoL





Ingredients:

Your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough (homemade or premade, both work)
1 cup of whipping cream
1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
2 tbsp unsweetened baking cocoa
1/4 tsp Vanilla


Directions:

This can be done one of two ways.  You can either by the prepackaged cookie dough in the store or you can make your own.  I am partial to my own recipe so I used that but with mini chips instead of the normal sized ones.  Preheat oven to proper temp according to the dough you are using. My recipe is for 375°. Start with a mini muffin pan and spray the cups with cooking spray.  



I do apologize for the extremely blurry picture.  But you can still see the point.  Take about a tablespoon of dough, or one cookie if using the prepackaged one and press into the muffin cup outlining the whole thing until you have  an actual cup.  try not to make it too thick or you will have a hard time with the cup part later on.  Bake according to directions.  Mine is 7 minutes.


After removing from oven, cups will be puffed like this.  Pillsbury said it will go back down as it cools.  Mine did not.


Before removing from muffin pan when it's cool enough to touch but still not completely cool, press into the cup again to make that cup shape.


See here, the difference of my helping the cup shape?


Place on cooling rack until cold!  Store in air tight container until ready to fill.  I made these 2 days before my party.  The next steps were done the day of the party in the morning.


Put 1 cup of whipping cream in a medium mixing bowl.    With your electrical mixer set to medium, beat the cream until soft peaks form.


Add in the powdered sugar, cocoa, and vanilla.


Beat on high until stiff peaks form.



Using a either a cookie press that has the frosting decorating attachments or even just putting the filling in a Ziploc bag and snipping the corning, pip the cream into the cups in a swirly motion.


I like this recipe because, it's versatile.  The one on the left is the chocolate cream.  the one on the right is plain whipped cream. Both were extremely yummy!!


Keep filled cups in fridge until serving time!  Enjoy!!!



3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness these sound delicious! We made chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches for G's birthday, but I'm logging this recipe away for next year.
    http://www.mondaysnugget.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh! This looks so yummy! Anything with pillsbury is a 'go' for me :)

    ReplyDelete